Location: Pala, CA
To seek, identify and develop new guests while acknowledging and maintaining rapport with existing players.
- Must be a highly motivated, independent service oriented individual.
- Excellent guest service and people skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must read, write and speak English fluently.
- Must maintain a business professional appearance and attire.
- Must be flexible to work any shift.
- Knowledge of personal computer and office equipment, i.e. copy machine, adding machine, etc.
- Excellent telephone skills.
- Ability to use good judgment in decision-making situations.
- Prior casino host and/or telemarketing experience preferred.
- LMS or AS400 experience preferred.
- CDS Experience preferred.
- Understanding of casino guest ratings and knowledge of casino slot games preferred.
- Good penmanship preferred.
- High school diploma or GED required.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provide concentrated attention and consistent, prompt and courteous guest service at all times under any conditions.
- Evaluate gaming activity for the purpose of issuing discretionary comps, room, special event or concert reservations, etc.
- Create a friendly, comfortable and exciting atmosphere for all our guests.
- Conduct yourself in a professional manner at all times and ensure all team members provide the same service and attitude.
- Recognize and greet guests, thank them for their patronage, inquire if there is anything that can be done for them and make sure they have the information to contact any host for future needs.
- Meet and greet guests throughout the entire casino floor.
- Be aware and familiar with all property promotions/events/concerts and giveaways; capable of explaining the programs to guests and team members.
- Be able to explain to guests all benefits and privileges of using the Privileges Card.
- Be able to assist guests and team members with questions or concerns as they pertain to the property or its programs.
- Interacting and communicating with guests in person, by phone and written communication.
- Telemarketing and letter writing.
- Communicate and cooperate with department team members to insure all information is current and up to date.
- Assist and help train the newer team members.
- Introduce new guests to your team members as well as the members of the Table Games and Slot Departments.
- Order amenities when requested by qualified guest.
- Handle all other duties as assigned by any member of company and or departmental management.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
To apply for this position, please go to our on-line Application Form and complete it.
Thank you for considering a position at Pala Casino, Resort & Spa. If you meet the requirements listed below and would like to work in an exciting industry, you could be someone we’re looking for.
- In order to maintain the safety and health of our Team Members and Guests, Pala Casino Resort & Spa is committed to providing a drug free workplace. If offered a position, successful completion of a pre-employment drug test is required.
- If offered a position with Pala, you must be able to obtain and maintain a Pala Gaming License, which requires fingerprinting and a background investigation.
- Because we are open 24 hours a day, 365 day a year, most positions require flexibility in scheduling and may require that Team Members work nights, weekends, and holidays.
That’s all it takes to be considered for employment at Southern California’s Most Spectacular Playground.