Location: Pala, Ca
Responsible for answering switchboard, directing calls to appropriate individuals, taking accurate messages and delivering same, wake-up, paging and do-not-disturb services, and effectively resolving minor guest disputes.
- High school diploma or GED required
- Must possess excellent communication skills and a clear speaking voice
- Ability to operate a computer, paging system, beepers, radios, copy machine and fax machine is required
- Experience with, or knowledge of, PBX equipment is preferred
- Must be capable of remaining calm when responding quickly and appropriately to emergency situations
- Must possess the ability to attend to many items and details simultaneously with accuracy
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret documents, such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
- Ability to speak effectively through paging system to entire property as well as in one-on-one situations with guests and other team members
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals
- Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables
Essential Job Functions:
- Answers switchboard and connects calls in a prompt, courteous manner
- Provides efficient service in receiving and distributing calls, paging, wake-up service, do-not-disturb service and messages
- Maintains a log of phone problems, and reports any situations which need attention to the appropriate departments and/or individual
- Has a working knowledge of proper emergency procedures, administers over the intercom system in a calm, clear voice as needed
- Contacts in-house security and Emergency Medical Technicians as needed, and calls for help from outside agencies (Police, Fire Departments, etc.) when deemed necessary, to report emergency situations
- Effectively resolves minor guest conflicts/complaints in a fair and equitable manner, or refers matter to the appropriate department or individual for proper resolution
- Maintains a working knowledge of Pala Casino facilities, current and upcoming special events in order to advise guests and fellow team members of same, whenever possible
- Performs clerical duties, such as typing, copying and faxing
- To maintain consistent and regular attendance record
- Monitor radio communications and contacts various areas of casino through the radio system
- Places calls for guests and team members of the company
- Perform other duties as assigned
To apply for this position, please go to our on-line Application Form and complete it.
Thank you for considering a position at Pala Casino, Resort & Spa. If you meet the requirements listed below and would like to work in an exciting industry, you could be someone we’re looking for.
- In order to maintain the safety and health of our Team Members and Guests, Pala Casino Resort & Spa is committed to providing a drug free workplace. If offered a position, successful completion of a pre-employment drug test is required.
- If offered a position with Pala, you must be able to obtain and maintain a Pala Gaming License, which requires fingerprinting and a background investigation.
- Because we are open 24 hours a day, 365 day a year, most positions require flexibility in scheduling and may require that Team Members work nights, weekends, and holidays.
That’s all it takes to be considered for employment at Southern California’s Most Spectacular Playground.