Location: Pala, CA
Purchase commodities, as assigned. Assisting the Purchasing Manager & Agent as necessary to ensure department goals & responsibilities are achieved.
- Must have one-year experience in an office environment
- Must be read, write, speak and understand English
- Must have basic math skills
- Must be able to use general office equipment (fax, personal computer and telephone)
- Must be organized and work with little supervision
- Must be able to communicate with others
- Issue open PO reports, and other reports
- High School diploma or GED required
Essential Job Functions:
- Receives bids on general items and inputs into computer system
- Develops specific annual assigned purchasing objectives, creates specific short and long range commodity objectives with a view to reducing the cost of materials and improving service to user departments
- Surveys markets for best source or new supply sources
- Develops most suitable purchasing arrangement for commodities, including contracts, blanket orders, spot purchase orders, and vendor stocking arrangements
- Receives requisitions; analyzes each item for quantity, specifications, and delivery requirement; develops and investigates sources of supply; issues request for quotations for those items not covered by any existing purchasing arrangement
- Analyzes quotations and checks specification, quantities, etc; compares competitive products for desirability and use
- Evaluates vendor performance based on personal knowledge of prices and deliveries
- Maintain good relations with supplier personnel, which means courteous, impartial, and objective dealings with suppliers
- Issue purchase orders and re-orders in the event of shortages
- Perform other duties as assigned
To apply for this position, please go to our on-line Application Form and complete it.
Thank you for considering a position at Pala Casino, Resort & Spa. If you meet the requirements listed below and would like to work in an exciting industry, you could be someone we’re looking for.
- In order to maintain the safety and health of our Team Members and Guests, Pala Casino Resort & Spa is committed to providing a drug free workplace. If offered a position, successful completion of a pre-employment drug test is required.
- If offered a position with Pala, you must be able to obtain and maintain a Pala Gaming License, which requires fingerprinting and a background investigation.
- Because we are open 24 hours a day, 365 day a year, most positions require flexibility in scheduling and may require that Team Members work nights, weekends, and holidays.
That’s all it takes to be considered for employment at Southern California’s Most Spectacular Playground.