Room Reservation Agent (Part Time)
Location: Pala, Ca
Promptly answer incoming reservations calls, taking, recording, and canceling of reservations of Individual, Group and Casino guests; Consistently provide prompt, courteous service to the guest in an efficient and professional manner at all times; Possess a warm, friendly, smiling voice with all callers to ensure guest pleasure and satisfaction; Maintain a pleasant and professional attitude when taking reservations; Maintain constant awareness of services, promotions and events knowledge offered by Pala Casino Resort & Spa; Reporting directly to Room Reservation & PBX Manager and Room Reservations Supervisor.
- Room reservation experience six months minimum – 1 year preferred
- Should have excellent telephone presentation, sales skills and ability to upsell a plus
- Should have experience in LMS or AS400 Reservation software
- Should have the ability to accurately type approximately 40-50 WPM
- Should have proper phone etiquette, people and strong communication skills
- Should read, write, speak and understand English, Bi-lingual a plus
- Should have general office skills
- Should have computer and working knowledge of the Internet
- High School Diploma or GED required
Essential Job Functions:
- Achieve a maximum number of confirmed reservations while excelling in guest service standards
- Strive for maximum productivity through prompt, proficient and accurate action in the performance of all assigned tasks
- Use upselling techniques, when possible by providing information of higher room value options, the caller may not have been aware existed
- Establish an open and close working relationship with the Room Reservation/PBX Manager and the Room Reservation Supervisor
- Assume a fair share of the workload by the performance of all assigned duties
- Constantly be alert for ideas and improvements that could increase productivity and revenues
- Perform all assigned tasks with enthusiasm and a pleasant attitude toward executives, guests and fellow team members
- Ensure that the highest standards are always maintained
- Inform supervisor of guests’ and team members’ needs which may require their attention
- Understand that flexibility to work extended hours to meet the department’s needs may be required
- Possess a thorough knowledge of all hotel functions and guest services
- Possess a thorough knowledge of all emergency procedures
- Possess a thorough knowledge of community services and events
- Perform other duties as assigned
To apply for this position, please go to our on-line Application Form and complete it.
Thank you for considering a position at Pala Casino, Resort & Spa. If you meet the requirements listed below and would like to work in an exciting industry, you could be someone we’re looking for.
- In order to maintain the safety and health of our Team Members and Guests, Pala Casino Resort & Spa is committed to providing a drug free workplace. If offered a position, successful completion of a pre-employment drug test is required.
- If offered a position with Pala, you must be able to obtain and maintain a Pala Gaming License, which requires fingerprinting and a background investigation.
- Because we are open 24 hours a day, 365 day a year, most positions require flexibility in scheduling and may require that Team Members work nights, weekends, and holidays.
That’s all it takes to be considered for employment at Southern California’s Most Spectacular Playground.