Chocolate Florentines Tacos – filled with dark, white and milk chocolate mousse served with “ Chicha” an ice – cold rice drink and decorated with cinnamon puff pastry churro.
Recipe for Florentines Taco Shell:
7 oz –Unsalted Butter
10 oz- sugar
3 oz – Honey
3 oz – Heavy Cream
1 lb. –Sliced Blanched Almonds
2 oz –Ground Almonds
2 oz –Bread Flour
- Combine the butter, sugar, honey and cream in a saucepan.
- Bring to a boil and stirring constantly until the mixture reach 240*F
- Mix together the remaining ingredients and add to the sugar mixture. Mix well.
- Drop while the mixture is hot into ½ oz rounds on baking sheets lined with parchment paper.
- Allow at least 2 inch between cookies for spreading and flatten the cookies with a fork.
- Bake the cookies 375*F until browned. As soon as the pans are removed from the oven pull the cookies back together into a round Taco shell shape.
For Chocolate Mousse:
10 oz – Bitter sweet chocolate
2.5 oz – Heavy Cream
9 each – Yolks
9 each – Egg whites
2 oz – Sugar
8 oz – Heavy Cream
- In a saucepan, add the chocolate to the cream and melt it over low heat, stirring constantly so the mixture is smooth.
- Beat in the egg yolks. Whip the mixture over low heat for a few minutes until thickens slightly.
- Remove the mixture from the heat. Cool it completely.
- Whip the egg whites with the sugar to form affirm meringue. Fold it into the chocolate mixture.
- Whip the cream until it form soft peaks. Fold it into the chocolate mixture.
- Pour the mousse into bowl and let it chill for several hours.
For Milk Chocolate Mousse:
Use 10 oz Milk Chocolate instead of Bitter Sweet Chocolate and same methods.
For White Chocolate Mousse:
Use 10 oz White Chocolate and add 1 teaspoon of Gelatin. same method
For Chicha ( Ice – cold rice drink )
1 ½ cups – White rice
1 cup – sugar
6 each – cinnamon sticks
4 quarts – water
1 can – 12 ounce sweetened condensed milk
- Combine rice, sugar, and cinnamon sticks in a large stockpot.
- Add 4 quarts of water and bring to a boil. Cook, stirring occasionally, for about 1 hour.
- Remove pot from heat and discard cinnamon sticks.
- Stir in the sweetened condensed milk and puree with conventional blender until smooth.
- Serve chilled, over ice and garnish with a sprinkle of ground cinnamon.