Location: Pala, CA
Responsible for corporate server and desktop environment. Responsible for overall Active Directory monitoring and administration, performs server’s maintenance according to internal policy, system wide backups, maintaining corporate Anti-Virus policy. Some basic programming/scripting is a plus.
- Two years Windows desktop and Microsoft Server administration experience in a 24/7 environment or equivalent preferred.
- Hands-on experience with Windows desktop, Microsoft server, Networking, Active Directory Services.
- Exchange administration helpful.
- Basic programming/scripting is a plus.
- Solid networking skills including configuration and troubleshooting DNS and DHCP.
- Experience with remote monitoring and administration tools, supporting Microsoft Server environment.
- Working knowledge of Virtualization technologies. Supporting VMWare Enterprise highly beneficial.
- Experience and demonstrated expertise with managing Windows servers from setup and networking to machine diagnostics.
- Experience with Active Directory schema setup, server configuration and sizing, base OS installation and configuration, Database, Mail and Office servers and virtualization a plus.
- Ability to communicate with vendor support systems to resolve problems.
- Experience with managing Windows based PCs from setup and networking to machine diagnostics.
- Casino experience helpful.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work in an extremely fast-paced work environment where working with deadlines is the norm.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
Essential Job Functions:
- Performs server maintenance according to internal policy. Document and keep current all systems inventory, updates, changes to hardware, system accounts. Monitor health of every server, evaluate performance and plan for upgrades.
- Responsible for systems wide backups, insuring valid and adequate data been saved according to internal policy. Perform frequent audits of backup sets and expanding them to accommodate to new server and databases in place.
- Responsible for overall Active Directory monitoring and administration. That includes, but not limited to supporting Microsoft servers, Domain Controllers, Global Catalogs, Site Replication, Mail integration, Internal and External DNS servers, DHCP servers etc. Monitor performance and recommend upgrade path to increasing it if need it.
- Responsible for maintaining corporate Anti Virus policy. Updating client, server and email virus definitions. Performing upgrades and rolling out new software version. Building new packages within standards of internal policy.
- Work with Network Administrator during capacity and systems upgrade planning to ensure proper network infrastructure in place. Communicates and participates within groups by contributing and learning from group members.
- Perform other duties as assigned.