Guest Service Representative
Location; Pala, CA
Responsible for registering and settling of guest accounts. Including, resolving problems arising from guest complaints, reservations, room assignment activities, and unusual requests. Reports directly to Assistant Hotel Managers / Hotel Manager.
- Reading, writing and oral proficiency in English.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Pleasant and outgoing personality.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Able to remain calm and professional in a busy environment.
- Previous 3 Star / 3 Diamond hotel experience a plus.
- Ability to deal with difficult situations.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- College degree preferred.
Essential Job Functions:
- Register and checkout guests accurately and in a timely manner.
- Answers inquiries pertaining to hotel policies and services.
- Be able to handle cash, checks, or credit cards from guests and record transactions.
- Be able to assign, select, and do room changes in a complete, accurate, and timely manner.
- Offer a genuine greeting.
- Adhere to all 4 Star / 4 Diamond standards.
- Knowledge of room availability at all times, for future and present dates
- Up selling of rooms by selling at rack rate and offering fewer discounted rates and by selling suites when filling hotel.
- Adhere to appearance standards.
- Exceptional attitude.
- Be aware of special promotions within the hotel.
- Ensuring that workspace and office are always clean and tidy.
- Clock in/out at appropriate times- being at your workstation ready to work at assigned time.
- Complete the AM, PM, and Graveyard checklists.
- Review memos and logbook.
- Receive information passed on from previous shift.
- Know and practice the guest service philosophy of Pala Casino Resort and Spa.
- Assist Assistant Hotel Managers/ Hotel Manager with miscellaneous duties.
- Coordinate with guest safety the research for lost and found items for guests.
- Handle questions, problems, and complaints.
- Ascertain guest satisfaction.
- Perform other duties as assigned.