Cage Cashier - Part Time
Location: Pala, CA
To assist customers in the exchange of US currency for chips, cash, foreign currency, Pala Casino documents and negotiable instruments, ambassadors of company good will.
- Ability to handle money required.
- One-year prior casino cage experience a plus.
- Ability to operate a computer terminal required.
- Knowledge of 10-key a plus.
- Excellent guest service skills required.
- Excellent communication skills in both verbal and written environment required.
- Must read, write, speak and understand English.
- Ability to communicate in additional languages a plus.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Must be 21 years of age or older.
Essential Job Functions:
- Redemption of casino chips, slot tickets, checks, credit and debit card advances for cash as requested by guests.
- Issuance and redemption of counter checks (markers) and guest deposits/withdrawals for cash, chips, checks and/or wire transfers.
- Maintaining and balancing an inventory of documents and negotiable instruments.
- Prepare reports, assignment of company funds and recordation of department revenues, verification of cash, coin, documents and chip inventory (removal and rotation).
- Establish new computer accounts and process document requirements for credit, check cashing with policy and regulatory guidelines.
- Responsible for maintaining their bank, equipment and surrounding area.
- Conducts operation of basic machinery such as a coin sorter, currency counter, coin wrapper and calculator.
- Basic knowledge of all computer systems used in the cage.
- Keep work areas clean and orderly including the outside of the cage.
- Promote teamwork and cooperation with supervisors and all co-workers.
- Communicate with supervisors regularly.
- Attend all shift meetings.
- Promote positive guest relations through prompt, courteous and efficient service.
- Bring disputes and unusual guest activities to the attention of the supervisor.
- Knowledge of local jurisdiction gaming laws (federal, state, compact, etc.) and attendant regulations as well as internal controls, policies and procedures.
- Comply with Title 31 record keeping and procedures.
- Keep all information concerning guests confidential.
- Maintain a consistent and regular attendance record.