Room Reservation Agent
Location: Pala, CA
Promptly answer incoming reservations calls, taking, recording, and canceling of reservations of Individual, Group and Casino guests; Consistently provide prompt, courteous service to the guest in an efficient and professional manner at all times; Possess a warm, friendly, smiling voice with all callers to ensure guest pleasure and satisfaction; Maintain a pleasant and professional attitude when taking reservations; Maintain constant awareness of services, promotions and events knowledge offered by Pala Casino Resort & Spa; Reporting directly to Room Reservation & PBX Manager and Room Reservations Supervisor.
- Room reservation experience six months minimum - 1 year preferred.
- Should have excellent telephone presentation, sales skills and ability to upsell a plus.
- Should have experience in Opera Reservation Software.
- Should have the ability to accurately type approximately 40-50 WPM.
- Should have proper phone etiquette, people and strong communication skills.
- Should read, write, speak and understand English, Bi-lingual a plus.
- Should have general office skills.
- Should have computer and working knowledge of the Internet.
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED) required.
Essential Job Functions:
- Achieve a maximum number of confirmed reservations while excelling in guest service standards.
- Strive for maximum productivity through prompt, proficient and accurate action in the performance of all assigned tasks.
- Consistently strive to improve job knowledge and performance, thereby assisting in maintaining an efficient and effective operation.
- Use upselling techniques, when possible by providing information of higher room value options, the caller may not have been aware existed.
- Establish an open and close working relationship with the Room Reservation/PBX Manager and the Room Reservation Supervisor.
- Perform all duties relative to the job assignment in the most productive manner at all times.
- Assume a fair share of the workload by the performance of all assigned duties.
- Actively interface with all casino/hotel departments to ensure company goals are met and exceeded.
- Constantly be alert for ideas and improvements that could increase productivity and revenues.
- Perform all assigned tasks with enthusiasm and a pleasant attitude toward executives, guests and fellow team members.
- Work with fellow team members for mutual improvement in job skills and performance.
- Ensure that the highest standards are always maintained.
- Inform supervisor’s of guests’ and team member needs which may require their attention.
- Consistently report to work on time and as scheduled.
- Understand that flexibility to work extended hours to meet the department’s needs may be required.
- Cooperate with fellow team members to develop and enhance mutual respect, teamwork and the feeling of camaraderie between team members of all departments.
- Possess a thorough knowledge of all hotel functions and guest services.
- Possess a thorough knowledge of all emergency procedures.
- Possess a thorough knowledge of community services and events.
- Maintain a constant awareness of safety and accident prevention, immediately report and/or complete an appropriate accident report form if an accident does occur.
- Perform other duties as assigned.