Housekeeping Supervisor - Casino
Location: Pala, CA
Responsible for providing direct supervision, guidance and training to the housekeeping team members ensuring approved Pala Casino policies, procedures and standards.
- Two-three years housekeeping supervisory experience preferred.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos.
- Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to guests and other team members of the organization.
- Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10’s and 100’s.
- Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume and distance.
- Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out simple one or two-step instructions.
- Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables.
- High school diploma or GED preferred.
Essential Job Functions:
- Responsible for distributing keys and supplies to the housekeeping on assigned shift. Makes sure equipment is signed out/in properly at beginning and end of shift and ensures the proper use of supplies and equipment at all times.
- Continuously monitors all housekeeping operations to ensure team members are in their assigned areas.
- Checks to make sure the project people have proper supplies and equipment to complete the job.
- Checks to make sure team members leave and return at proper assigned times for breaks.
- Trains all team members in the proper techniques of using chemicals.
- Makes sure all bottles are labeled properly and ensures chemical bottles have proper chemical labels.
- Maintains all work areas and ensures housekeeping equipment is free of safety violations.
- Reports any hazardous conditions or broken equipment immediately to shift manager.
- Responsible for team members complying with established safety precautions when using equipment and supplies.
- Makes recommendations and suggestions to hire, transfer, promote, reward, discipline, evaluate and discharge housekeeping team members on assigned shift.
- Perform other duties as assigned.