This position is responsible for staff support to meet the goals and objectives of the Pala Gaming Commission.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- General receptionist responsibilities to include (but not all inclusive):
- Answering the main PGC phone line.
- Tracking and Verification of the E-Drop forms.
- Greet Guests.
- Escort Visitors to the PGC office and when directed escort them out.
- Maintain necessary inventory levels of supplies.
- Updating PGC/Tribal information.
- General scheduling and coordinating of meetings, workshops, and educational seminars.
- Assist Licensing Department in background checks for license applicants.
- General office operations, typing, filing, knowledge of common computer software applications.
- Capable of becoming a Notary Public.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Minimum of one-year office experience.
- Proficient in office operation (fax, computer, etc.).
- Proficient in office computer software applications (word processing, spreadsheet, and database).
- Ability to communicate effectively both oral and written.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with people in a varied economic, educational.
- and cultural background.
- Valid California Drivers License.
- Physical and emotional condition adequate to meet the demands of the assigned workstation and duties.
- Bilingual preferred but not mandatory.
CERTIFICATES and LICENSES:
- Must clear an extensive background check and be issued an Employee License from the Tribal Gaming Commission.
- While performing the duties of this job the employee is required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch, talk, see or hear. The employee will need to be able to lift at least 10 lbs.
- Must dress appropriately for a professional office.
- While performing the duties of this job the employee is occasionally required to work near a moderate noise level.