Compliance Inspector I
Department: Tribal Gaming Commission
Reports To: PGC Compliance Manager
The Inspector is responsible for ensuring that the gaming operation is following all Pala Gaming Commission (PGC) Regulations, National Indian Gaming Commission (NIGC) requirements, Pala’s Compact with the State of California, and departmental policies and procedures (hereinafter referred to as Regulations).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Observes and analyzes gaming procedures performed by Pala Casino Resort and Spa and their team members for evidence of deficiencies in controls, duplication of effort or lack of compliance with Regulations.
- Analyzes procedures performed and makes recommendations to the Compliance Manager on proper procedures or changes to established procedures for the Compliance department.
- Reviews work performed to ensure that they are performing the required observations and reviews to PGC standards.
- Ensures that slot machine security is maintained.
- Conducts preliminary investigations of customer complaints when a slot machine is involved according to approved policies and procedures.
- Responsible for reporting any casino related gaming or facility deviations to PGC Management.
- Responsible for ensuring that they receive appropriate training to meet the requirements of their job function.
- Recommends proposed operating procedures designed to improve the efficiency or security of a particular department or function.
- Prepares reports of findings and recommendations.
- Interacts with Executive Committee, Commissioners, and Staff.
- Responsible for reporting any noted deviations to the PGC Management.
- Able to interact with all levels of personnel and the public.
- Able to present a professional attitude and demeanor when dealing with the public and gaming personnel.
- Able to understand and adhere to confidentiality policy.
- Able to work independently.
- Able to multi-task and work in a fast paced setting.
- Other duties as directed by the Commissioners, Executive Director, and Compliance Manager.
- Must be able to learn existing Federal and State requirements and to learn and comprehend all Regulations.
- Must be able to learn gaming machines and software verification processes for same.
- Must have the ability to learn to recognize non-compliant conditions prior to violations occurring.
- Must be able to learn and comprehend all Class III gaming authorized at the Gaming Operation.
- Able to work effectively with PGC staff.
- Ability to ensure identification of violations of policies and procedures by Gaming Operation personnel.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Must possess a high school diploma.
- Able to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, percentages and interest.
- Able to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
CERTIFICATES and LICENSES:
- Must be able to receive and maintain a valid Key Employee License from the Tribal Gaming Commission and must receive, upon application and consideration by the NIGC, a determination of suitability.
- While performing the duties of this job the employee is required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch, talk, see or hear. The employee will need to be able to lift at least 10 lbs.
- While performing the duties of this job the employee is occasionally required to work near a moderate noise level.
- Able to establish and maintain interpersonal professional working relationships with Gaming management and personnel which encourages openness and trust.
SHIFT AND SALARY:
- To be determined.