Responsible for entering all data from gaming license applications for backgrounds as required by PGC Regulations, National Indian Gaming Commission (NIGC) requirements, Pala’s Compact with the State of California and the Departmental policies and procedures (hereinafter referred to as Regulations) into the Departments computerized data base.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPOSIBILITIES
- Maintain Data Base pursuant to Regulations.
- Ensures the timely completion of work.
- Scans documents from Licensees files into the Data Base.
- Reviews scanned documents for accuracy and transfers to the appropriate Licensees.
- Receive and maintain confidential information both verbally and written.
- Enter all applicant information into database.
- Ensures that the Data Base is kept accurate and up to date as it relates to their work.
- As directed by the Manager is responsible for the timely filing of all reports and documentation required by Regulations.
- Assist Licensing Agents in the performance of their duties.
- Responsible for complying with Regulations.
- Ability to screen applicants as needed.
- Ability to interact with all levels of personnel and the public.
- Other duties as assigned by the Manager.
- Responsible for complying with the Licensing departments’ policies and procedures.
- Analyzes procedures performed and makes recommendations to the Licensing Manager on changes to established procedures for the Licensing Department.
- Interacts with Executive Committee, Commissioners and staff.
- Maintains commission files and records according to prescribed Regulations.
- Must be able to present a professional attitude and demeanor when dealing with the public and gaming personnel.
- Ability to understand and adhere to confidentially policy.
- Other duties as assigned by the Licensing Manager.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced setting.
- Working knowledge of computer database systems (Microsoft).
- Ability to read and write the English language. Bilingual Spanish preferred.
- Gaming experience preferred.
- High School diploma, college course work preferred.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instruction furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to calculate figure an amount such as discount, percentage and interest.
CERTIFICATION and LICENSES
- Must be able to receive and maintain a valid Key Employee License from the Tribal Gaming Commission and must receive upon application and consideration by the NIGC, a determination of suitability.
- While performing the duties of this job the employee is required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch, talk see or hear. The employee will need to be able to lift at least 10 lbs.
- While performing the duties of this job the employee is occasionally required to work near a moderate noise level, in a business office setting.