Location: Pala, CA
Responsible for answering switchboard, directing calls to appropriate individuals, taking accurate messages and delivering same, wake-up, paging and do-not-disturb services, and effectively resolving minor guest disputes.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Must possess excellent communication skills and a clear speaking voice.
- Ability to operate a computer, typewriter, paging system, beepers, radios, copy machine and fax machine is required.
- Experience with, or knowledge of, PBX equipment is preferred.
- Must be capable of remaining calm when responding quickly and appropriately to emergency situations.
- Must possess the ability to attend to many items and details simultaneously with accuracy.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret documents, such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively through paging system to entire property as well as in one-on-one situations with guests and other team members.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables.
Essential Job Functions:
- Answers switchboard and connects calls in a prompt, courteous manner.
- Provides efficient service in receiving and distributing calls, paging, wake-up service, do-not-disturb service and messages.
- Maintains a log of phone problems, and reports any situations which need attention to the appropriate departments and/or individual.
- Has a working knowledge of proper emergency procedures, administers over the intercom system in a calm, clear voice as needed.
- Contacts in-house security and Emergency Medical Technicians as needed, and calls for help from outside agencies (Police, Fire Departments, etc.) when deemed necessary, to report emergency situations.
- Effectively resolves minor guest conflicts/complaints in a fair and equitable manner, or refers matter to the appropriate department or individual for proper resolution.
- Maintains a working knowledge of Pala Casino facilities, current and upcoming special events in order to advise guests and fellow team members of same, whenever possible.
- Performs clerical duties, such as typing, copying and faxing.
- To maintain consistent and regular attendance record.
- Monitor radio communications and contacts various areas of casino through the radio system.
- Places calls for guests and team members of the company.
- Perform other duties as assigned.