Front Desk Supervisor
Location: Pala, CA
Responsible for the effective and efficient operation of all departments assigned to his/her supervision. Ensures that all hotel, 4 star/4 diamond standards are upheld by all team members. Supervises and coordinates activities of team members engaged in registering and settling of guest accounts. Ensures that the highest standards of quality and service are always maintained. Reports directly to the Assistant Hotel Manager.
- Minimum three-year’s experience in a high volume hotel environment, preferably with a casino.
- Must have personal computer skills; Microsoft Office, Outlook program knowledge preferred.
- Must have professional phone etiquette, people and strong communication skills.
- Must have mathematical, analytical and reasoning ability.
- Must read, write, speak and understand English.
- Ability to deal with difficult situations.
- Pleasant and outgoing personality.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- High School Diploma or GED, required (College degree preferred).
Essential Job Functions:
- Ensure the productivity/efficiency of Front Desk by constantly overseeing work.
- Ensure service is always of the highest degree.
- Ability to effectively perform independently, making sound decisions as needed.
- Must be able to effectively resolve problems, based on common sense, use of reasoning ability as well as knowledge of established Company policies.
- Must be capable of multitasking with accuracy.
- Train new hires and mentor seasoned team members.
- Regularly check appearance and uniforms of the staff.
- Create an atmosphere that supports our Company culture.
- Maintains harmony among team members and resolves grievances.
- Perform guest service evaluations.
- Assists team members in registering and setting of guest accounts and prepare reports as requested by management.
- Handle any problems and guest complaints as necessary.
- Ensure that workspace and office are always clean and tidy.
- Knowledge of room availability at all times, for future and present dates.
- Upsell rooms by using rack rate and offering fewer discounted rates and by selling suites when filling hotel.
- Be aware of special promotions within the hotel.
- Ensure the department is properly equipped with supplies and that costs are kept to a minimum.
- Check guest fax machine and ensure proper procedures for operating this machine are carried out.
- Check e-mail correspondence and ensure procedures for handling inquires and requests are handled in a timely manner.
- Control the suites to prevent overbooking and ensuring casino guest availability.
- Control room due out and rushes.
- Coordinate gift bags or luggage deliveries for large sales groups.
- Coordinate rooms for entertainment.
- Must support the Assistant Hotel Managers with guest inquires and phone calls.
- Performs related duties as assigned.