Mobile Patrol Officer - Part Time
Location: Pala, CA
Enforces all gaming policies to ensure safe, fair and efficient operation of Pala Casino while providing excellent guest service throughout the facility and property. Specific focus in the area of outdoor patrol utilizing bicycles, golf carts and motor vehicles.
- Prior experience in law enforcement, military, casino, or private security preferred.
- Knowledge and experience in Public Relations and interaction preferred.
- Must be able to operate a motor or electric vehicle and a bicycle.
- Must successfully complete the Mobile Patrol Training Course within 30 days of starting the position.
- Must not exceed median weight capacity of patrol bicycles consistent with manufactures recommendations.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Must read, write, and speak English.
- Must pass and maintain the bicycle patrol evaluation and physical assessment requirements within 30 days of starting the position.
- High School Diploma, GED required.
Essential Job Functions:
- Patrols all outdoor areas of Pala Casino Spa and Resort including parking garages, surface lots, perimeter, event lawn, service road, RV-Resort, Mini Mart or any area deemed necessary. Patrols to provide safe parking and walking areas for all Guests and Team Members. Observes for any crimes, unsafe conditions, or violations of the policies of Pala Casino Spa and Resort.
- Provides a critical first impression for arriving guests. Able to provide guest service in all situations. Able to enforce policies while maintaining a positive service oriented demeanor.
- Possess knowledge of all parking rules and regulations, including RV-Resort rules and regulations.
- Performs mail run, must have understanding of policies regarding mail.
- Performs daily equipment checks of vehicles, must have basic familiarity of all aspects of electric or motor vehicles and bicycles.
- Skilled in the control of traffic extremely busy conditions.
- Able to understand, initiate and apply Emergency Response procedures specific to Fire Department or other emergency responding agencies upon activation.
- Able to recognize the signs of intoxication, familiar with all Pala Casino Spa and Resort policies regarding alcohol as well as pertinent ABC regulations.
- Prepares security reports, communicates with guest and non-guests and other agencies, and assists in both internal and external investigations.
- Provide security for special events and maintain patrols in the area of such events.
- Provides escorts for guests, team members, or others upon request.
- Must be able to respond to any verbal or physical disturbance(s) and apply diffusion techniques, consistent with the Guest Safety Department policies and procedures to maintain Peace and Security for all involved.