Location: Pala, CA
To assist customers in the exchange of US currency for chips, cash, foreign currency, Pala Casino documents and negotiable instruments, ambassadors of company good will.
- Ability to handle money required.
- One-year prior casino cage experience a plus.
- Ability to operate a computer terminal required.
- Knowledge of 10-key a plus.
- Excellent guest service skills required.
- Excellent communication skills in both verbal and written environment required.
- Must read, write, speak and understand English.
- Ability to communicate in additional languages a plus.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Must be 21 years of age or older.
Essential Job Functions:
- Redemption of casino chips, slot tickets, checks, credit and debit card advances for cash as requested by guests.
- Issuance and redemption of counter checks (markers) and guest deposits/withdrawals for cash, chips, checks and/or wire transfers.
- Maintaining and balancing an inventory of documents and negotiable instruments.
- Prepare reports, assignment of company funds and recordation of department revenues, verification of cash, coin, documents and chip inventory (removal and rotation).
- Establish new computer accounts and process document requirements for credit, check cashing with policy and regulatory guidelines.
- Responsible for maintaining their bank, equipment and surrounding area.
- Conducts operation of basic machinery such as a coin sorter, currency counter, coin wrapper and calculator.
- Basic knowledge of all computer systems used in the cage.
- Keep work areas clean and orderly including the outside of the cage.
- Promote teamwork and cooperation with supervisors and all co-workers.
- Communicate with supervisors regularly.
- Attend all shift meetings.
- Promote positive guest relations through prompt, courteous and efficient service.
- Bring disputes and unusual guest activities to the attention of the supervisor.
- Knowledge of local jurisdiction gaming laws (federal, state, compact, etc.) and attendant regulations as well as internal controls, policies and procedures.
- Comply with Title 31 record keeping and procedures.
- Keep all information concerning guests confidential.
- Maintain a consistent and regular attendance record.
To apply for this position, please go to our on-line Application Form and complete it.
Thank you for considering a position at Pala Casino, Resort & Spa. If you meet the requirements listed below and would like to work in an exciting industry, you could be someone we’re looking for.
- In order to maintain the safety and health of our Team Members and Guests, Pala Casino Resort & Spa is committed to providing a drug free workplace. If offered a position, successful completion of a pre-employment drug test is required.
- If offered a position with Pala, you must be able to obtain and maintain a Pala Gaming License, which requires fingerprinting and a background investigation.
- Because we are open 24 hours a day, 365 day a year, most positions require flexibility in scheduling and may require that Team Members work nights, weekends, and holidays.
That’s all it takes to be considered for employment at Southern California’s Most Spectacular Playground.