Location: Pala, CA
Responsible for monitoring, servicing, maintaining, and repairing all refrigeration and kitchen equipment, heating and air conditioning equipment, plumbing, electrical, painting and carpentry for Pala Casino.
- One year technical training; EPA approved “Proper Refrigeration Practices” Type 2 Certification card; minimum three years HVAC repair and related experience, must be familiar with high and low voltage controls; licensed in gas fitting and certification in steam fitting and normal pipe fitting required; be able to read blueprints of plumbing systems; welding experience preferred and five years experience as a master painter preferred
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos; to write simple correspondence
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations
- Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10’s and 100’s, and to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume and distance
- Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out simple one or two-step instructions and to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables
- Must read, write, speak and understand English
- High school diploma or GED required
Essential Job Functions:
- Responsible for monitoring, servicing and repairing and/or replacing all refrigerated equipment; domestic, commercial and industrial kitchen equipment; plumbing related devices and/or equipment; preventative maintenance; checks all electrical panels to assure that all wires are in order
- Maintains working conditions of all restaurant equipment; keeps machinery operating in a safe, efficient manner, acceptable with all health codes; maintains fluid systems, insulation of all heated and chilled water piping; maintains a constant watch over all transformers; performs special electrical projects
- Performs miscellaneous carpentry projects; paints in accordance with work orders and maintains records of painting projects, logging in length of job, supplies used and expenses; repairs vinyl and furniture, hangs wallpaper, refinishes furniture and repairs and/or replaces locks and hardware
- Monitors temperature controls and makes adjustments to tabs and thermostats on heating and air conditioning equipment; reads schematics and performs electrical troubleshooting on all mechanical equipment; repairs all electrical motor failures; monitors water conservation, repairs leaks, unclogs sanitary and raw drain systems as necessary
- Ensures structural integrity of existing plumbing systems, installs new plumbing systems as needed; constructs shelves and storage areas; repairs walls and ceilings
- Responsible for ordering parts, receiving and stocking parts, and maintaining parts inventory
- Designs and installs refrigeration, heating and air conditioning equipment; welds stainless, aluminum, and cast iron and normal welding on mild steel
- Relocates existing equipment when requested; maintains an adequate supply of materials
- Maintains pressure washers and electronic air filters; maintains all logs necessary to conform to codes and standards set
- Meets with Executive Chef on a daily basis
- Perform other duties as assigned
To apply for this position, please go to our on-line Application Form and complete it.
Thank you for considering a position at Pala Casino, Resort & Spa. If you meet the requirements listed below and would like to work in an exciting industry, you could be someone we’re looking for.
- In order to maintain the safety and health of our Team Members and Guests, Pala Casino Resort & Spa is committed to providing a drug free workplace. If offered a position, successful completion of a pre-employment drug test is required.
- If offered a position with Pala, you must be able to obtain and maintain a Pala Gaming License, which requires fingerprinting and a background investigation.
- Because we are open 24 hours a day, 365 day a year, most positions require flexibility in scheduling and may require that Team Members work nights, weekends, and holidays.
That’s all it takes to be considered for employment at Southern California’s Most Spectacular Playground.